Information on the current range of services
Service- and Opening hours
The times are as follows:
Service hours central library (lending, return, information and advice)
Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 16:30
Opening hours central library with strongly reduced number of work places
Mon - Fr.: 9:00 - 22:00
Sat.: 10:00 - 20:00
Service and opening hours for several Department Libraries with strongly reduced number of work places
- A/RU/BI: Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 - 16:30
- EIT: Mon. - Tue.: 09:00 - 16:30 and Wed. - Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
- BIO: Mon. - Tue.: 09:00 - 16:30 and Wed. - Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
- INF: Wed. - Thu.: 09:00 - 16:30 and Mon. - Tue. + Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
- MAS/WIR: Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 - 16:30
- MAT/PHY: Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 - 16:30
- CHE: Wed. - Tue.: 09:00 - 16:30 and Mon. - Tue. + Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
- SOWI: Mon. - Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
Currently, the UB offers a limited service.
The distance requirement and a personal limit apply. Wearing a medical mask (or an FFP2 mask) is strongly recommended.
Exception central library: here the mask obligation remains. They are only not required at the workplace.
Room booking system
In all departmental libraries the group workrooms must be reserved in advance. You can make this reservation via our room booking system.
Preorder books and articles
Books as well as articles from local print journals and collective works can still be ordered via web forms:
- Articles are scanned and sent internally by e-mail,
- the books are provided in the libraries and can be picked up during service hours,
- the users are informed by e-mail about the provision of the literature
- the provision is made for 5 days, literature not picked up by then will be held back,
- the UB will try to acquire books that are in high demand as e-books.
Return of media
- Media from the department libraries can be returned to the respective department library.
- A basic return of all media (also those of the department libraries) is possible in the central library