Information on extended minimum operation
The University Library currently offers an extended minimal operation in some of its branches.
Numerous rules have to be observed in order to comply with all regulations for the protection against corona, especially the distance requirement, the obligation of medical masks or FFP2 masks and the limitation of persons.
A daily corona negative test must also be presented (this is not necessary when collecting / returning the book). Alternatively, you can provide us with proof of your full vaccination or recovery.
Room booking system
In all departmental libraries the group workrooms must be reserved in advance. You can make this reservation via our room booking system.
Service- and Opening hours
The times are as follows:
Service hours central library (lending, return, information and advice)
Mon - Fri: 9:00 - 16:30
Opening hours central library with strongly reduced number of work places
Mon - Fr.: 9:00 - 20:00
Sat.: 10:00 - 20:00
Service- and Opening hours for several Department Libraries with strongly reduced number of work places
- A/RU/BI: Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 - 16:30
- EIT: Mon. - Tue.: 09:00 - 16:30 and Wed. - Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
- BIO: Mon. - Tue.: 09:00 - 16:30 and Wed. - Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
- INF: Wed. - Thu.: 09:00 - 16:30 and Mon. - Tue. + Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
- MAS/WIR: Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 - 16:30
- MAT/PHY: Mon. - Fri.: 9:00 - 16:30
- CHE: Wed. - Tue.: 09:00 - 16:30 and Mon. - Tue. + Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
- SOWI: Mon. - Fri.: 09:00 - 12:30
Preorder books and articles
Books as well as articles from local print journals and collective works can still be ordered via web forms:
- Articles are scanned and sent internally by e-mail,
- the books are provided in the libraries and can be picked up during service hours,
- the users are informed by e-mail about the provision of the literature
- the provision is made for 3 days, literature not picked up by then will be held back,
- the UB will try to acquire books that are in high demand as e-books.
Return of media
- Media from the department libraries can be returned to the respective department library.
- A basic return of all media (also those of the department libraries) is possible in the central library.
- The returned books will usually be re-booked after 72 hours of hygienic quarantine.