Transaction number (TAN)
To submit an interlibrary loan request through the DigiBib a TAN is required. Contact the library staff at the Central Information Desk, Bldg. 32 or at any of the branch libraries to purchase TANs. Faculty members with cost center privileges may have TANs sent directly to them by e-mail. Please use the order form. Department secretaries may order a large number of TANs for their department faculty and staff members.
These are TANs:
The Digital Library (DigiBib) URL:
http://www.digibib.net. The DigiBib can also be found on our website. Please select the University Library as institution.
Log in with your University "Chipkarte" or library card number and password. Your password is your library account password. If you have forgotten or do not know your password, inquire at the Circulation Desk of any Campus Library or e-mail zbausleihe(at)ub.uni-kl.de.
Items excluded from the Interlibrary Loan Service:
- items held by the Kaiserslautern University Library or other Kaiserslautern libraries
- low price items available at a bookstore (current limit EUR 15.00)
- DIN standards
Items not obtainable through the Interlibrary Loan Service:
- literature not needed for research or scientific purposes
- rare materials and early imprints (items from the 16th - 18th century)
- journal volumes and issues
- loose leaf material
- theses, master theses
- reference works
- electronic resources (e-books, often CD-ROMs etc.)
- photocopies of journal articles from non-scientific papers, newspaper articles, parts of books exceeding 10 % of its volume (§60e UrhWissG)
In this cases individual articles or book chapters are often available as photocopy (often first following a request for the table of contents).