15. What types of materials cannot be obtained through the Interlibrary Loan Service?
- items held by other Kaiserslautern Libraries (Library of Applied Sciences, Palatinate Library)
- low price items(€ 15.00) available at a bookstore
- loose leaf material
- journal issues and volumes
- patents, DIN standards
- rare materials and early imprints (materials published in the 16th and 17th century - in many libraries in the 18th century) Copies or microforms are often possible.
- electronic resources (e-books, often CD-ROMs etc.)
- NEW according to §60e UrhWissG: copies of newspaper articles and articles from the tabloids (e. g. Stern, Spiegel, Geo Magazin), sections of books with more than 10 % of the volume
Literature not needed for scientific purposes as well as typical reading room materials (encyclopedias, reference works) can normally not be obtained through the Interlibrary Loan Service.
Please note: Requests made for items as those listed above are not immediately automatically rejected by the Interlibrary Loan System. They are however rejected within the course of processing by the supplier library.